Are you a Data Engineer who wants to help build a strategic area within Amazon? AmazonFresh and Prime Now are pioneering businesses offering ultra-fast delivery on fresh grocery, household essentials, and the best of Amazon.com. We are seeking a talented Data Engineer in our development center in New York City supporting Global Marketing, Membership, and Insights.
In this role, you will support the design, development, and deployment of innovative marketing and membership products, tools, and services. You will work with software development engineers and product managers to shape these products and to develop and deliver the associated software services, infrastructure and tools to enable rapid growth of this business. This presents a significant intellectual, technical, operational and organizational challenge.
A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
· You help build the infrastructure to answer questions with data, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and recent advances in distributed systems
· You manage AWS resources.
· You collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· You collaborate with Data Scientists to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich data sets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
· You help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
· You develop expertise in a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use
· You encourage the organization to adopt next-generation data architecture strategies, proposing both data flows and storage solutions
· You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve
· You create extensible designs and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind
· You have an understanding and empathy for business objectives, and continually align your work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value. You listen effectively.
· You are comfortable presenting your findings to large groups