Alexa is the cloud service that powers Amazon Echo, the groundbreaking device designed around your voice. This is an opportunity to join a growing team that is working to build an exciting new Amazon business in voice.
We are looking for candidates who want to help shape the future of human-computer interactions. Specifically, we are looking for an outstanding Data Engineer who is looking to work in a new space to help define how we use multi-modal data (voice, mobile, desktop) to understand customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, you will develop and support the data pipelines that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data.
The successful candidate will be an expert with coding and scripting languages to build and deploy complex data pipelines. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
You know and love working with data engineering tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with other technical teams and end-users to gather data sets needed to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad-hoc access to large data sets
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
· Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, Redshift, and OLAP technologies
· Model data and metadata for ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
· Build and deliver high quality data sets to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes