Description de l'offre
IBM is market leader in the data & analytics space. We offer a dynamic, innovative and international environment which is fueled by projects with leading clients, unique capabilities such as IBM Research & Development and IBM Watson, and a growing ecosystem of partnerships such as those with Apple and Twitter.
Driving innovation for our clients is the main mission of our consulting business unit IBM Global Business Services. With major transformation underway around Big Data & Analytics, we are looking for experienced Data Engineer to embrace this opportunity with us.
As Data Engineer you will:
· Be part of our European Big Data & Analytics consulting team.
· Be responsible for providing technical thought leadership and solution expertise around emerging Big Data technologies. This includes technology assessment, use case development, as well as solution outline and design for modern data architectures.
What we are looking for?
· You are an experienced technical professionals in the Big Data space.
· You'll have strong experience across systems integration, information management, business analytics and architecture.
· You'll have multiple years of experience in working in a data warehouse environment.
· you'll be knowledgeable of traditional and emerging approaches to information management and analytics.
Your key skills include:
· In-depth knowledge of the technology and vendor landscape for Big Data - including the Hadoop Ecosystem, NoSQL approaches and Cloud Data Management.
· Multiple years of experience as a Data Engineer in the data warehousing and BI space (incl. SQL / Data Modelling, Data Integration, Data Governance)
· Multiple years of hands-on experience with production-scale Hadoop architectures (incl. YARN, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Oozie)
· Deep understanding of the capabilities of commercial Apache Hadoop distributions such as e.g. IBM, Hortonworks, Cloudera, or MapR and their integration options with traditional data warehousing and BI tools (such as e.g. Teradata, IBM DB2 / Netezza / DataStage / Cognos, Informatica, Ab Initio)
· Experience in estimating, planning and handling Big Data implementation projects.
This is an environment where networking and people skills are extremely important: we're looking for people who will forge their own relationships, both internally and externally. You'll have access to a variety of projects and clients unlike any other.
If you think you have the skill and the attitude to change the way that business is conducted – IBM is the place for you and will offer you numerous opportunities for growth across the company.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0166) IBM Global Services Espana, S.A.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 3 years of experience in Big Data
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· At least 3 years experience in / with Big Data projects using Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark, Python, SPSS/R or NoSql technologies
· At least 3 years experience in across systems integration, information management business analytics and architecture
· At least 3 years experience in data warehouse environment and knowledge of existing and emerging data integration approaches
· At least 3 years experience in solution architecture in traditional information management
· At least 3 years experience in data architecture of designing and developing logical data models
· At least 3 years experience in design with programming on high-scale or distributed systems (such as Hadoop)
· At least 3 years experience in / with high performance distributed parallel file system storage technology such as GPFS, GFS, CloudStore, HDFS or similar
Secondary Job Category
-English and spanish Fluent
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire