Description de l'offre
The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges and will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
In this role you will:
· Performs a variety of data loads & data transformations.
· Working knowledge of methods for parsing, formatting, & transforming data into units consistent with analytical needs.
· Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of logical/physical data models that support MDM best practices.
· Performs integration of multiple data source-formats into master data load.
· Proficient in the use of at least one ETL tool.
· Must have good communication skills - both oral and written.
· Experience with variety of Database types.
· Database build, schemas, structure, queries.
· Experience with mySQL, postgres, oracle DB structures.
· Must have built databases in AWS and other cloud services.
· Batch processes for data conversion.
· SQL and noSQL.
· AWS data pipeline such as: S3, EC2, IAM roles assignments, and EMR ETL for large datasets.
· Working experience with Languages: Python, Java, C+.
· Experience with conversions of XML, JSON formats to CSV etc...
· Experience with python language API for document translations helpful
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer.
· Minimum of 3 years of Database/Data Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, Hive etc.) experience is required
· Minimum of 1 year of experience using Hadoop ecosystem
· Legal authorization to work in the US is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Experience building visualization dashboard with plotly, D3 (Js), dash etc..
· Exposure to Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) experience
· Translates analytics problems into data requirements.
· Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
· Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
· Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
· Distills information down to key points.
· Expresses the information clearly and concisely. Projects knowledge of relevant data.
· Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
· Asks follow-up questions when presented with new data/projects. Sees the broader implications of an idea.
· Presents new ideas and concepts. Makes connections among previously unrelated ideas.
· Deep passion for learning.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.