External job description At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a Data Engineer to be a part of the Consumer People Analytics Team. The CPA team’s work will improve the customer experience by scaling consistent tools for x-Consumer, building and streamlining the most important people data products.
The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she is an expert with data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the customers to identify strategic opportunities in the field of data engineering. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoys working in a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate need to possess exceptional technical expertise in large scale data warehouse and BI systems with hands-on knowledge on SQL and AWS services.
· Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
· Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, Oracle, Redshift, and OLAP technologies
· Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL and a scripting language
· Build and deliver high quality datasets to support business analyst and customer reporting needs
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers