Description de l'offre
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
The speech data services team (Alexa Data Services) is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, recently launched products like Amazon Echo and Dot.
As a data engineer on this team, you will have the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work closely with the business teams in analysis on various cost savings initiatives, many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output.
This will be an individual contributor role leading the architecture and data roadmap efforts, guiding junior engineers in the team and building platforms to solve complex problems. This role would work backwards from customer problems to design solutions to meet the goals. This position will lead the design efforts on a variety of reporting projects to support multiple teams and products. You will partner with business and product development teams throughout the product lifecycle producing timely and top quality reports.
We are seeking a candidate with a restlessness to answer “why” questions and passion about using data to drive decision-making. We will be developing best in class data platform along with highly intuitive and easy to use dashboards to handle all aspects of data processing, visualization, and efficiency tracking. The dashboards will be internationalized and used by our data associates, research scientists, and managers around the world. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives and be capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 3+ years of DW architect experience.
· 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
· 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python, etc.
· Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
· Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, etc.
· 3+ years of experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.