Description de l'offre
As a Build Technician you will be tasked with launching cutting edge server technologies and solving diverse Data Center technical impairments which impede launching new network capacity at a local data center level. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly and accurately deploy of infrastructure with a solid understanding of computers, servers, switches and various networking devices from both a hardware and software perspective. You must possess technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, the ability to effectively deal with people in a wide variety of situations, strong analytical skills, and demonstrated problem solving ability. Have the ability to successfully operate in extreme high pressure situations, handle multiple critical priorities simultaneously, while showing strong initiative and judgment.
· Act as the technical point of contact for internal teams.
· Perform Process Improvement. Gather data on common failures or waste and work with supporting teams to get them resolved / minimized / eliminated
· Perform rigorous hardware verification inspections to insure quality on server racks, networking devices, and associated components.
· Launch new network capacity
· May be required to assist Deployment Technicians with rack deployments on heavy deployment days or Cabling team
All candidates should exhibit the following:
Ability to exhibit good written and oral communication skills
An Advanced understanding of Computer Hardware, including troubleshooting and repair skills.
A Working understanding of Computer Networking.
Proven experience in problem solving and addressing customer service related issues by working with the customer and other internal teams
This position has a physical component. Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and may need to work in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required.
Some local travel may be required
Employment for all candidates is contingent upon passing a background check.