Description de l'offre
Amazon.com is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of Data Centers. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for proven technology managers with experience in people management, strong technical understanding and the drive and vision to take Amazon.com Data Center Operations to the next level. The successful candidate will have experience managing people with varying skillsets, creating, tracking and controlling budgets, devising strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions.
The successful candidate will be operationally responsible for two of Amazon.com Data Centers. Some high-level responsibilities include:
Prioritize and assign trouble tickets to data center technicians and operators
· Routinely review ticket queue for large events and address accordingly
· Coordinate change management resources
· Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
· Manage and deliver mid-size projects
· Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs
· Manage a diverse team of data technicians with varying skills
· Provide weekly report to the data center manager
· Maintain the on-call schedule coordinating absence and vacations
· Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels
· Write and deliver performance reviews for staff
Requires 3+ years managing people in a technical environment with work knowledge of Data Centers. The ideal candidate must have good team, organizational and planning skills, as well as stringent time management skills to balance dynamic workloads in a complex and dynamic environment.
Ability to work different shifts
• Walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
• Work at heights and from ladders.
• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more
• Carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds for short distances.
• Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
• Respond to off hour emergency calls.
• Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
• Occasional bending or twisting of the body
• Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
• Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
• Push or pull heavy objects into position
• Work in a noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
• Occasional work in tight and/or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors
• Some travel may be required