Description de l'offre
Amazon.com is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of Data Centers. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for proven technology managers with broad experience in people management/development with the drive and vision to take Amazon.com Data Center Operations to the next level.
The successful candidate will have experience managing managers and teams with varying skillsets; creating, tracking and controlling budgets; leaning and streamlining current processes for maximum efficiency; strategic planning through use of funnel metrics; mentoring people in all levels; sponsoring and delivering large projects and proposing technical solutions to complicated problems.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive continuous improvement and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
· Lead and supervise a team of DC Managers (3-7 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 50-100 hourly associates within Regional Data Centers
· Overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience across multiple shifts.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
· Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
· Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
· Mentor, train and develop both peers and direct reports for career progression
· Obsess over team learning and development, both from a technical/functional and soft skills (critical thinking, emotional intelligence, and adaptability) development perspective
· Write and deliver annual performance reviews to staff
· Develop, improve, and share operational best practices across the Cluster
· 5-8 years management experience in a critical infrastructure, manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
· Direct performance management experience of 3-6 salaried managers and associated hourly staff
· Demonstrated ability around developing team learning solutions with measurable business outcomes
· Advanced experience with collecting and reporting key performance metrics and/or data modeling to continuously measure and improve operational status quo
· 3+ years experience implementing LEAN/6 Sigma methodology (continuous improvement, DMAIC/DVADV, 5 Whys, Root Cause analysis, etc)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
· Highly developed written communications ability