Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Service (AWS) operates in 12 geographic regions around the world, with 5 more regions coming online throughout the next year, making AWS one of the fastest growing enterprise tech companies ever. Amazon's Data Centers are a major component of worldwide cloud-computing infrastructure and are industry leading examples of innovation. The Architectural, Civil and Structural (ACS) Design Team is responsible for the design of all Amazon Data Center sites. We drive to develop a fleet of buildings that emphasize security, safety, space utilization, efficiency, and cost effectiveness, while meeting AWS rapid growth in demand. Our designers are always on the forefront of creating and delivering building designs that meet the changing needs of our customers.
As a Data Center Architect/Engineer you will be a part of highly creative and efficient design team comprised of Architects, Engineers and Designers tasked with tackling fascinating and challenging problems in building datacenters. As part of this team, you will be the Architect leading the site and building shell designs and guiding the portfolio that will drive the design of our fleet. In this capacity, your role will include project management, developing designs, oversight and coordination of consultants in the architectural, structural and civil design disciplines, managing bid processes, and participation in day to day construction oversight. Additionally, you will lead investigations into new building strategies that will impact the cost and environmental footprint of our fleet, interview consultant teams, and support a variety of strategies for growth and expansion of AWS services.
The following will be the typical high level duties:
· Work with the other design and engineering professionals on conceptual build projects.
· Create, review and release data center Architecture Civil and Structural designs
· Manage the portfolio of data center designs and features.
· Manage our external design consultants.
· Lead initiatives aimed at improving cost, quality and schedule.
· Work on multiple new data center build and capital improvement projects
· 25% international travel for site assessments, consultant selection activities, interface with real estate and design professionals including other A/E professionals, quantity surveyors, landlords, tenant representatives and building owners.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited school
· 5 years working experience with 3 years of experience in design of mission critical facilities
· Working experience with MEP engineering consultancies
· Expertise in creating, reviewing and approving architectural RFP, bids, designs and documentation
· Ability to develop new concepts through exploration, design, testing and deployment.
· Define building system-level architecture, document performance and equipment requirements, communicate conceptual designs, and create/maintain project documentation before, during and after construction.
· Demonstrated ability to evaluate the constructability of new technologies, and determine construction methods of data center equipment and facilities.
· Perform and present business case analysis.
· Solid working proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and BIM
· Motivated, dependable and capable of working with limited oversight.
· Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
· Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and high quality standards.
· Drive Continuous Improvement methodologies and culture (ex: LEAN, Six Sigma or TPS)