Are you an expert with RDBMS technologies including Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Mysql or MariaDB? Do you have deep expertise designing, implementing, and running a mission critical database for workloads including high performance transaction processing or analytics? Do you want to think big about how RDBMS's on AWS can power businesses to innovate faster? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical database developers, administrators, and engineers to collaborate with our customers on building solutions in database, data management, and analytics. The Data Architect for RDBMS role requires deep technical expertise in the RDBMS technology, and how to various engines perform to meet the most challenging customer requirements. You'll have a background as an Developer, DBA or Engineer, and be passionate about getting the most from a database through query and performance tuning, stored procedures and functions, running diagnostics, and working with third-party tools. This expertise will be put to use advising customers on how to run the databases on AWS, and how to migrate existing environments to the Cloud, and how to optimise with the Relational Database Service (RDS). You'll perform sizing exercises, design migration architectures and procedures, and then work with AWS Professional Services to help customers manage the migration process. Once live, you'll be able to support customers with troubleshooting and ensuring high scalability and availability.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Understand customer requirements and existing environments, and translate these into configurations in AWS that meet performance, scalability, and availability needs.
· Advise customers on sizing, performance tuning and query optimization.
· Work with customers to plan migration of their database to RDS engines
· Help customers manage the conversion of stored procedures into the language for a new target engine, or to migrate business logic into applications.
· Help customers work with partners and AWS Professional Services to use the Data Migration Service, Schema Conversion Tool, and third-party data management engines during the migration process.
· Advise customers on troubleshooting and diagnostic activities as they run their databases on AWS.
· Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide AWS solution architect community.