Description de l'offre
Are you an expert with RDBMS technologies including Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Mysql or MariaDB? Do you have deep expertise designing, implementing, and running a mission critical database for workloads including high performance transaction processing or analytics? Do you want to think big about how RDBMS's on AWS can power businesses to innovate faster? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical database developers, administrators, and engineers to collaborate with our customers on building solutions in database, data management, and analytics. The Data Architect for RDBMS role requires deep technical expertise in the RDBMS technology, and how to various engines perform to meet the most challenging customer requirements. You'll have a background as an Developer, DBA or Engineer, and be passionate about getting the most from a database through query and performance tuning, stored procedures and functions, running diagnostics, and working with third-party tools. This expertise will be put to use advising customers on how to run the databases on AWS, and how to migrate existing environments to the Cloud, and how to optimise with the Relational Database Service (RDS). You'll perform sizing exercises, design migration architectures and procedures, and then work with AWS Professional Services to help customers manage the migration process. Once live, you'll be able to support customers with troubleshooting and ensuring high scalability and availability.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Understand customer requirements and existing environments, and translate these into configurations in AWS that meet performance, scalability, and availability needs.
· Advise customers on sizing, performance tuning and query optimization.
· Work with customers to plan migration of their database to RDS engines
· Help customers manage the conversion of stored procedures into the language for a new target engine, or to migrate business logic into applications.
· Help customers work with partners and AWS Professional Services to use the Data Migration Service, Schema Conversion Tool, and third-party data management engines during the migration process.
· Advise customers on troubleshooting and diagnostic activities as they run their databases on AWS.
· Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of Database and/or Analytics Systems development and deployment experience, IT systems and engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
· Possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and implementation/consulting experience.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse, big data/analytics developer or administrator.
· Implementation and tuning of Oracle, Mysql, Postgres or SQL Server databases at scale, including transaction processing and analytics. Experience of advanced deployment architectures such as read replicas and warm standby preferred.
· Experience of data migration techniques and process planning.
· Experience of working with complex and high performance stored procedures.
· Experience tuning databases including query tuning, performance optimization, and diagnostics gathering.Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware optimization.
· BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred.