Description de l'offre
Amazon Web Service’s (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented Curriculum Development Manager to provide workload guidance, structure, oversight, stakeholder communication, and process improvement for the Curriculum Development team.
Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. AWS is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs (ILT), digital courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. You'll get to help design the materials that our customers use to learn the systems and play at the same time!
Curriculum Development Managers at Amazon anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move projects forward quickly. They understand business and customer needs, define the product and project roadmap, take large complex business requirements and break them down into manageable projects, write functional specifications and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. They thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and are not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have training, instructional design or technical documentation experience. Above all, you will have a passion for learning and contributing to team and customer success.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have the ability to seamlessly flex between managing multiple projects, owning schedules, outlining key milestones, and trafficking deliverables. The candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, implementing processes and interfacing with internal teams and external contributors. This role requires excellent project management skills, strategic thinking and problem solving, and strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with a strong bias for action and the ability to work with cross-functional teams and provide guidance for projects.
This position can be at one of our US AWS Corp. offices with a preference in either Seattle, Herndon (VA), Boston/Cambridge, SFO/Palo Alto, Portland (OR), Denver, CHI, ATL, Dallas, Austin (TX), or Minneapolis.
· Define and scope projects by working closely with curriculum developers, technical trainers, subject matter experts, AWS services teams, and customers to understand their needs and create clear learning objectives, outcome statements, and project plans.
· Develop and manage project plans that successfully deliver promised results.
· Manage a high performing direct team of technical curriculum developers and instructional designers.
· Communicate with the publishing, marketing, engineering, training delivery, and sales teams regarding project status and timelines.
· Manage milestones and drive releases to on-time delivery.
· Identify process improvement strategies to expedite the production of technical training curricula or improve the quality of materials being delivered.
· Accelerate the shift to a rapid content development strategy by modifying the existing content development process to leverage agile development methods.
· Coordinate cross-functional resources to review project deliverables and motivate completion of SME reviews.
· Maintain a dashboard of all project statuses, completion goals, backlog items, and metric tracking for visibility across the organization.
· Provide stakeholder communications for all projects.
· Some travel required, primarily for event support and training (~25%).
· 5+ years in project, program or product management with focus on technical education programs, course, content, and instructional design with a software technology company.
· Prior experience managing and developing a diverse, geographically dispersed team.
· Prior experience designing, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications.
· 5+ years demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures, and policies.
· Demonstrated experience with understanding cloud technologies and distributed computing at a high level and relate back to curriculum development through project work.
· 1+ years Operations Management experience in a ticket-driven workload.
· Bachelor's degree or 6+ years equivalent technical industry work experience