Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. We strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover, buy and are delivered products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
We are looking for a talented lawyer to support our rapidly growing Logistics and Transportation Technology businesses. You will support our Amazon Logistics, Amazon Flex and Amazon Shipping last mile businesses and work closely with our business teams to create and launch innovative new services across Europe. We are constantly looking for ways to delight customers with their delivery experience and you will be part of those initiatives from idea to implementation.
You will be the lead counsel in the UK to the business on strategic deals, projects and tech launches. You will own and drive key projects and use your judgment to help make key business decisions, as well as providing day-to-day advice, working with regulators and handling any pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The role is based in London. Some travel may be required.
We are looking for candidates who are innovative, organised, hands-on, and highly customer-obsessed professionals.
Ideal candidate profile
· Outstanding academic qualification (EU preferred)
· At least 7 years' post-qualification legal experience with some international law firm experience
· Strong transactional background dealing with commercial contracts
· High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also desire to be challenged and think outside the box
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a Legal Partner to Senior Management
· Great business judgment especially in ambiguous situations
· Ability to prioritise in a fast-moving environment
· Excellent English language skills including the ability to draft and negotiate contracts