At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally bright, talented, and driven people. If you would like to help us build Amazon Web Services, this is your chance to make history.
The Data Center Global Services organization is looking for a Technician with a progressive career history in structured cabling. Our Cabling Infrastructure team is responsible for driving low voltage structured cabling across the Amazon data center platform.
This role offers challenge and opportunity for experienced cabling professionals. The ideal candidate will be passionate about customer experience, drive global innovation through structured cabling contributions.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
· Installation and maintenance of copper and fiber cable infrastructure
· Maintain accurate records and document problems and processes
· Ensure that the technicians in the team understand all safety and badging procedures onsite
· Track and prepare cabling for incoming equipment in advance
· Installation of network and cabling infrastructure in a data center environment
· Manage, check and coordinate all materials to be delivered to site daily
· Follow all production, safety and quality standards, codes and industry best practices
· Report current status via ticketing system, provide status reports, and email
· Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain collocation space cleanliness
· Inventory, track and manage project related materials throughout project lifecycle
· Reading and comprehending blueprints and building documentation / redline work
· Ensure usage of Personal Protective Equipment at all times while within the AWS Data Center environment & adhere to all AWS Safety & Security policies, practices and guidelines