Description de l'offre
Do you enjoy reading books, comics, manga or graphic novels? Do you get excited to solve complex problems? Come join us in Kindle, and impact the world of reading!
Kindle is looking for a passionate and talented Software Development Engineer to help build the next version of our industry-leading comics reading experience. The Software Development Engineer will provide hands-on technical leadership and contribute to the software product development life-cycle: definition, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of rendering applications across multiple platforms. This role requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of customer facing application software development, and experience in successfully estimating, planning and realizing end to end software development projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We own the design, architecture, and implementation to enable reading innovation across file formats and operating systems. Our software supports Kindle customers on all major mobile platforms and Kindle devices. Our engineers enjoy working as a team and welcome the opportunity to lead whenever possible.
The Software Engineer will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of java and C++ software across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, PC, MAC). This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded and application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
· Responsible for the design of software solutions, building new concepts and methodology, hands on solving problem and writing efficient code.
· Designing and Building new features that are highly performant and scalable.
· Understanding the internals of graphics and rendering subsystems.
· Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 3+ years of software development experience, including C, C++, Java
· Experience in OOP, C++, device development and performance testing.