At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And, today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. A day to make history. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
You will work within the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Asset Management Team and have a Pan-EU scope while working in a cross-functional environment with the European Planning Team, Transportation Operations Teams, Warehouse and Sortation organizations and external organizations.
A self-starting character will stand you in good stead as you dive deep into data and discover patterns within Amazon exponentially growing transportation asset pool. The role will also require you to build tools and support structures for the asset management team as we develop a cost efficient middle mile transportation service for Amazon.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop interactive dashboards that assist the asset management team with daily decision making.
· Develop a metrics deck to provide visibility on asset utilization to the EU leadership and provide actionable recommendations to identified issues tracking them to execution.
· Work with the operations teams to identify pain points in their day to day activities, and build tools to assist with these while automating manual workflows
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and / or other data management systems) and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors / Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, Software Support and Fulfillment Centers)
The position is based in London.
Ideal candidate profile
· BA or BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or another technical field
· An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
· Experience with software such as R, SQL, Python
· Proficiency with Tableau, Microsoft Excel and VBA for developing interactive reports, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros etc.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Sound business judgment and proven ability to influence others including external customers and clients
· Fluent in English. Further additional EU languages will be a strong plus