The Building supports operation, inspection, and processes to mechanical, and equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc. The Building Technican also ensures critical infrastructure such as HVAC and fire suppression systems are maintained.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities.
· Performs and/or directs the performance of all service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
· Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job assignments, appraisals and recognition.
· Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
· Assist the operations team in the and of building and equipment
· General interior – hang pictures, office furniture systems, minor plumbing
· Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general as assigned.
· Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
· Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
· Maintain and operate HVAC and building management system, evaluate and improve chronic comfort issues.
· Inspect, maintain, and document work done to life-safety equipment such as fire suppression.
· Ensure compliance with both regulatory and industry best-practices for volatile infrastructure such as pressure vessels, infrastructure with greater than 40 calories of incident energy, etc.
· Respond effectively to all emergencies.
· Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
· Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
· Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
· Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed, using work order system
· Must have ability to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, and use ladders up to 30 feet.
· A valid state driver’s license and pass MVR check.
Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Building role.
· Preferred Qualifications:
· Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Possess mechanical and aptitude.
· 2+ years’ experience in the operation and of a large scale utility plant including , reverse osmosis units, , cooling towers, diesel generators and power distribution.
· Experience working in a cGMP environment.
· Experience working with established GMP procedures in the operation and of utility equipment.
· Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
· Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form.
· Advanced computer skills.
· Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams.
· Ability to seek outside resources as needed.
· PC competency to include: , and .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Basic Qualifications:
· 3+ years of applicable working experience in general building and , basic , and basic .
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.