Amazon has an immediate opening for an AV Support Engineer for our Amazon corporate office in Sydney, Australia. The AV Support Engineer serves as a team of Support Engineers who undertake onsite AV support across Sydney offices and Offsite event as well.The AV Support Engineer will undertake responsibility of supporting AV systems in conference rooms, cafes, and other large venue event spaces.
Regular activities include monitoring system statuses, diagnostics of equipment, and tracking inventory. Ultimately the role is responsible for the overall AV systems. The AV Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of AV signal flow and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
Ideal candidate profile
• Working with a team of IT/AV support engineers across multiple physical locations.
• Contributes to large or cross-functional projects that span multiple departments.
• Works autonomously and demonstrates good business judgment.
• Represents the team to customers and team members within department.
• Setup of AV equipment including microphones/speakers and projectors/screens for live events at off-site venues.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
• Understanding of concepts such as packet loss, SIP, H323, HDCP, and DHCP.
• Experience with video conferencing hardware.
• Ability to read AV system wiring diagrams.
• Experience communicating verbally and in writing with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
• MAC and Windows troubleshooting skills.