Amazon is looking for an Automation Systems Engineer to develop, build and scale software solutions powering one of the world's largest Reliability, Maintenance Engineering enterprises. The Automation Engineering team supports the business in all aspects of the traditional automation pyramid, and we provide our internal users information on all aspects of the status of control systems within Amazon's EU Fulfillment Network. At a basic level, these systems link our low-level automation systems with the cloud and we work at the cutting edge of all aspects of the automation pyramid, from device level to the enterprise level. The more complex systems are leveraging Machine Learning and Big Data to drive predictive actions, preventing downtime or defects in the material handling equipment and improving the Overall Equipment Efficiency of the installations.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong task and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable software solutions in an agile development environment. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help found and shape the direction of automation and machine learning systems within one of the world's largest fulfillment networks.
· You are interested in being part of a team that works in a highly agile environment.
· Solving problems at scale excites you.
· You are constantly looking to learn new technologies and are not afraid to work outside your comfort zone to get things done.
· You do not implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
· You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
· You believe that the craft of software development is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they are a core part of writing great software.
· You Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of systems, scripts and tools.
· You do not throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of customers.
· You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
· You understand the needs of Operations organizations and you aim to reduce operational burden.
· You relish working with other Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
Ideal candidate profile
· Computer Science or equivalent degree, with experience delivering large scale software systems solutions.
· Very strong problem solving and coding skills.
· Bash experience plus knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, JS).
· Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++).
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
· Understanding of data modelling, algorithms and their performance.
· Advanced UNIX (preferably Linux) systems engineering skills.
· Knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things (MQTT, Pub/Sub) and core Industrial Control Technologies (ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP, OPC-UA, TCP/IP).
· Experience with AWS services such as Deep Learning, DynamoDB, s3, SageMaker, RDS, System Manager.