At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Automation Engineer to join the team at our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Bielany Wrocławskie, close to Wrocław.
The Automation Engineer will ensure that Safety comes first in all Facilities efforts. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed. This position will also provide proper training to the Facility Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance.
This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, being self-directed, and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
The following roles and responsibilities are required for a successful Automation Engineer:
• Prepare specifications and technical detail to fully define performance on equipment, material and services
• Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
• Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change
• Familiarization with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC processers and input/output modules.
• Provide detailed analysis and testing of existing and new engineering solutions and components
• Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the Facilities Engineering team.
• Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
• Undertake industrial engineering design on existing material handling modules within European network
• Provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets.
• Support commissioning of new automation elements
• Actively participate in local or EU network level control projects and Initiatives
• Provide value engineering/ value analysis
• Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness
• Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings
• Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to industry operating standards such as QS 9000, ISO 9001
• Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development
• Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.