The PeopleInsight team is looking for a Application engineer to help us build and enhance the features of applications and frameworks. Application engineers work closely with others on the product and tech teams, you will build, test, iterate, and deploy changes supporting technical maintenance, ongoing enhancements to existing features, and new functionality such as integrations, portal application modules, or automated business processes.
We are now recruiting an exceptional Application Engineer for Worldwide Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
In addition to requiring a high level of technical expertise, this role is about understanding the needs of the business, the data behind it, and how to transform this information into technical solutions that allow the business to make swift, informed decisions. Ideal candidates will have expertise in all phases of the application development life cycle in building models that scale over time while balancing accuracy, flexibility, and speed.
The successful candidate will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, take responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A Well-Rounded Athlete –Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
· A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master's classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
· A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
· A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
· A Fearless Explorer – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
PeopleInsight is a collaborative group of product, program, design, science, and engineering experts.
Our Worldwide Operations team numbers in the hundreds of thousands of dedicated associates and leaders. They deliver millions of packages to customers every day. PeopleInsight is the behind-the-scenes team that supports field and organizational leadership by advising action, informing decisions, and identifying risk. The PeopleInsight team resides at the intersection of words and numbers. We listen, observe, and measure at scale to support customer success with insights that are consumable, actionable, and relevant. Our work is dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates to propel the business forward.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
· 3+ years of experience in at least one modern programming languages (Java, C/C++/C#, Objective C etc) with strong base in object-oriented design and development.
· Experience with AWS services, Relational Databases, SQL
· Experience working with 3rd Party Application frameworks and services
· Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
· Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)