We are searching for a software engineer who is interested in leading full stack development projects which begin with a native Android client, and connect to backend Java services. In this role you will design, write and lead other engineers, working backwards from customer experiences to find and watch Prime Video content on Fire TV.
The Prime Video Fire TV team is responsible for the browse, purchase and discovery experiences on Fire TV. We are part of the larger Prime Video organization, delivering high-quality premium video content through subscriptions, purchases and rentals. On this team you will work with a small group of engineers leading the design and implementation of Android client applications, and backend services to support these applications.
This team is the place for you if…
· You love working with video, and devices
· You insist on a high quality bar and never settle for “good enough.”
· You want to work with a focused team of engineers that share your passion for shipping clean code that powers great customer experiences.
· You work well across multiple teams.
Ideal candidate profile
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience)
· Expert Java, Android, and or Kotlin coder with 2+ years of experience
· Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms
· Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
· Experience with agile software development