Description de l'offre
Amazon is looking for a dynamic Safety Engineer interested in overseeing the development, implementation and certification of our Autonomous Operations, Collaborative, Robotic and next generation automation safety systems for our WW R&D Operations Center. The Safety Engineer will help define safety requirements for systems at a global level and collaborate with the entire design team in the development of effective solutions for their implementation and validation. The R&D Safety Engineer will support and perform various safety analyses at the system, hardware and software level and collaborate with design teams in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at architectural levels. The R&D Safety Engineer will interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and Program management through the life cycle of a product.
· Apply regulatory compliance standards to new products at a global level.
· Perform Safety Risk Analysis activities for systems during all project phases (concept, requirements, design, verification & validation and production) including item definition, preliminary hazard analysis, FMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis consistent with applicable ISO standards
· Specify detailed safety requirements, including diagnostic and software requirements
· Collaborate with design engineers, project managers, development team, integrators, and customers on technical aspects of functional safety
· This Safety Engineer will assist in the safe deployment of new equipment in partnership with engineering, facilities, EHS, and operations teams.
· Develop policies, interpret regulatory codes, safety standards, training and procedures for new, next generation automation technologies.
· Advises EHS, engineering and operations teams on safety regulations and regulatory compliance concerns relating to process and equipment design.
· Performs safety risk assessments, regulatory compliance reviews and ergonomic reviews on equipment and operations processes.
· Works with various teams to review and approve new and modified equipment.
· Must be independently driven to seek improvement opportunities in the safety review process.
· Maintains all regulatory compliance documentation from a global perspective to ensure accurate and up to date adherence to set standards.
· Collaborates with certification bodies for approvals and manages projects related to certifications that comply with local, national and international regulations.
· BS in Engineering, Safety or related field
· At least 2 years relevant work experience in product development and regulatory compliance
• At least 5 years work experience in engineering or manufacturing environment with highly automated systems and robotics.
• Working knowledge of: OSHA, CFR
• Working knowledge and experience with: NRTL, CE, CUE, IEC, ISO 13849, IEC 62061, ANSI/RIA 15.06, NFPA 79, UL 508A, IEC 60204
• Working knowledge of integrating new systems into new and existing work environments.
• Experience reviewing equipment, including conveyance and machinery for proper guarding, interlocks, and safety features.
• Experience working with a management of change system with integrations to engineering and procurement/supply chain.