We are a newly established innovative Development Center in Tübingen, Germany which focuses on computer vision, machine learning, robotics and causality in diverse application fields at Amazon.
If you get excited by the prospect of dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, working in a startup like environment and if you want to come to one of the most exciting places of the world for researching Intelligent Systems, then we have the perfect role for you.
As a Technical Artist, you will be supporting projects and prototypes in the field of avatar creation and photo-realistic appearance. Your contributions allow a fast path to producing digital humans/avatars at scale. We will furthermore need your experience and expertise in developing scalable 3D assets on device, building tooling and helping to enable the end-to-end customer experience.
· Be the “go to” person for material, lighting, texture properties for virtual humans
· Design and implement rendering features for real-time interaction
· Profile and optimize 3D application
· Work on general graphics engine, such as streaming, post process, materials and lighting
· Work on large-scale datasets, focusing on creating scalable and accurate systems for on-line applications
· Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
Ideal candidate profile
· At least 1 released real-time 3D game or application on which you were a key contributor in graphics/rendering.
· Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· Experience with game engine such as UE, Unity, SceneKit
· Detailed knowledge of full 3D graphics pipeline, including modeling, character rigging, animation, lighting and rendering
· Expertise working with 3D packages such as Maya or Blender
· Strong visual sense.
· User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
· Experience in setting up advanced deformation systems (facial rigs, muscles, hair, and cloth)
· 2-4 years of related experience working in the animation, visual effects, gaming or tech industries