Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
R&D Business Controller - Fixed Term ContractShaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
We encourage you to be part of new and exciting projects and for you to take the lead when it comes to your progression.
Since mobility allows you and Amadeus to grow, we always look internally first when searching for candidate.
Business Controlling is the Finance department responsible for organising and coordinating annual budget process and quarterly forecasts, producing monthly management reports, budget follow-up, business cases builds and updates, and key projects in depth analysis and follow up.
Overall Position Objective
This Business controller position will provide support to business partners in order to help them meeting their performance targets and objectives. This means providing financial information, analysis, planning, follow-up and reporting services to internal customers (line and project managers)
Main Position Activities
· Support Financial business controllers of R&D organizations
· Prepare monthly and quarterly analyses of performance
· Prepare, consolidate and challenge forecasts
· Provide analyses to support management arbitrations and decision-making process. Maintain constant tracking and vigilance of adherence to budget and forecasts, in particular resources, running costs and capital expenditures.
· Monthly closing: estimate accruals, compile reports and control accuracy with budget
Specific reporting & ad-hoc requests
· Produce regular reporting on resources for the worldwide R&D organization of the business units by coordinating data collection from all sites
· Provide transversal support on controlling processes of the team
Projects, process & tools
· Contribute to improvement projects with R&D, Business Unit and internal IT stakeholders
· Implement best practices to improve controlling efficiency
University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics
Candidates with engineer degree combined with a complementary Finance education such as MBA also considered
Minimum 2years in controlling activities with day to day interaction with business.
Significant experience in an international environment (outside France and/or in an international company)
Concrete experience in IT projects and implementations (mainly around SAP/BI)
Previous experiences in High Tech business is a plus
Technical / Functional Skills
Highly reliable and accurate
Accounting and Finance
Fluent in written and spoken English and ability to evolve in an international group
Need to be comfortable learning/working with systems applications
Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (especially Excel)
Knowledge of SAP, BW, BI tools is a real advantage
Accountability and Proactivity
Change management and Flexibility
Relationship and excellent communication skills
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.