Site internet: http://www.amadeus.com
Internship: XLog Web UI & NoSQL store for configuration data analyticsJoin us and shape the future of travel
Shaping the future of travel has always been important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
We work at the heart of the global travel industry. Amadeus offers you the opportunity to learn and grow and drive your own progression in an exciting and multicultural environment.
Our people are driven by a passion for 'Where next?' If you want to shape your career and the future of travel, Amadeus is the place for you.
The Content, Booking & Ticketing division is in charge of Amadeus’ core Reservation system, providing the platform and services from shopping (booking flights & extra services) to contract establishment (pricing & issuing the ticket) as well as managing after sales (exchanges, refunds, disruptions).
Our team is a small group of developers helping other development teams throughout the division. We deliver quality tooling & solutions for their everyday lives, either internally or by contributing to corporate initiatives. We provide general development support as well as coordination on some transversal technical projects.
Recently, we have been boosting the development of a new middleware solution called “XLog”. This solution enables our applications to record in Production the configuration data used in any transaction. Later, the recorded traces can be used for investigation purposes by developers & quality engineers to troubleshoot the configuration and reproduce easily the transaction on their local development environment.
The goal of the internship is to participate to the solution on 2 aspects, covering the whole development cycle from user requirements definition to prototype implementation:
· Create a brand new search UI for users to browse the huge amount of traces captured: JSON pretty displaying and merge, easy comparison, export, online edit, etc.
In collaboration with the team, you will refine the list of features, prioritize and select the appropriate technology. By default, we suggest to use AngularJS & Django web technologies that we already master. But our team is very keen on new technologies and there is a large freedom of choice for the intern to propose alternatives. Eventually, the intern willparticipate to build a prototype.
· Explore modern NoSQL document store solutions (HadoopFS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB) to propose and benchmark the replacement of the existing storage based on logs.
The new UI will naturally connect to this new storage to get recorded traces and let the user browse and update. Here again, the intern will participate to define and test the best possible options.
· Knowledge of at least 1 web framework such as Django
· Basic object oriented programming. Knowledge of Python would be a plus.
· Knowledge of a NoSQL store (Hadoop, Mongo, ELK) would be a plus
· English fluent
· Analytical and conceptual thinking (gathering user requirement, comparing solutions …)
· Self-organized & proactive (ability to define priorities, targets & roadmap)
· Enthusiastic about creating new solutions & learning new technologies
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies:Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.