If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
I. Summary of the Role
The Systems Engineer is part of the Test & Platform Services (TPS) team thatprovides Operational Frontline Support from an application standpoint for customer facingtestsystems, training systems and internal test systems.
The SystemsEngineer will providesupport to customers in terms of test systems operations, developing/ enhancing scripts, tools, processes, procedures and in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing operations issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technicalproblem-solvingskills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
Theideal candidate needsa good understanding of IT Operations, is expected to plan his/her daily activities, contribute to projects, hold meetings (ranging from PMR’s to planning meetings), take ownership of action items and ensure implementation, be autonomous, take up initiatives, demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, identify flaws in the current model/process and fix it, influence peers/stakeholders/leaders positively.
II. Main Responsibilities
• Perform first and second level error analysis and recovery in a timely manner (Incident Management)
• Provide Incident and Problem management input
• Attend Problem Management report meetings and follow up on the action items given to the team
• Produce troubleshooting guides and Operational procedures
• Perform all Software loads and changes on the various systems and verify the results (Change Management)
• Automation of repeatable tasks with the help of scripting
• Facilitate migration of applications to Cloud based infrastructure
• Update and coordinate handover calls
• Attend regular support meetings
• Review and verify implementation plans
• Independently support all projects and implementations
• Support and execute activities around the Capture Restore cycles
• Train Juniormembers of theteam
Bachelors/Master'sDegree in Engineering/ Scientific studies
ITIL Certification is a plus
Relevant work experience
• Good Experience in running, supporting and managing high availability infrastructures (24/7/365 >99.999% up-time requirements)
• Good knowledge of Operating Systems such as Linux / Unix
• Good scripting skills in one or more of the following languages Shell, HTML, Perl, Python, Java
• Good understanding of ITIL processes
• Good communicator in both written and oral form
• Fluent in English
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Be able to follow processes
• Able to multitask
• Proactive and positive attitude
• Good understanding of Project Management
• Team player
• Able to work independently
• Good presentation skills
• Basic knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL and Oracle
• Basic knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB, Couchbase)
Systems/ Operations Engineer with overall work experience of 6 to 10 Years with at least 4 years of scripting experience (Mandatory)
At least 5years' experiencein Technical/ Operations support role with Incident Management and IT Change Management in an Operations Center or like environment (Mandatory)
Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and Automation with Ansible (Nice to have)
Good communicationand customer serviceskillsinorder to work successfully with customers in high stress and/ or ambiguous situations(Mandatory)
1-2 years of experience in Amadeus/ travel domain (Nice to have)
Scripting languages (Bash/ Python)
Nice to have:
• Experience in Amadeus or another key player Travel Technology company
• Working knowledge of ALTEA Suite products
• Understanding of Distribution and Airline IT business
• Change management and flexibility
• Accountability and proactivity
• Multicultural approach
• Customer focus
• Analytical and conceptual thinking
• Adaptability to fast changing business and technical environment
• Taste for challenges
• Personal motivation
• Information gathering
• Innovation, industry and business expertise
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.