If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
The Logging and Monitoring tools department (LOG) plays a key role in TPE/CPM organization to deliver an automated logging, monitoring, diagnostic and troubleshooting solutions supporting incident and problem management processes and applications.
Within this department TPE-CPM-DMM-LOG-LAP (Logging and Analytics Platform) team is in charge of
· Logging platform that manages up to 1.7 PB per day of log data. This framework is composed by the Logging Client APIs (Tracer, JTracer), Log Servers processes and ALF (Amadeus Logging Facilities) tools.
· Billing Framework leveraging on logging middleware.
· Concealment engine taking care of concealing all sensitive data in the logs (Credit cards, Personal information, etc.)
· X-Log is a tool enabling OBE users to catch, from logs, configuration data (OTF variables, ABR, etc) used during a transaction and reuse it for problems investigation or reproduction. This tool composed from MDW library, XLog Server and UI.
This job position corresponds to several challenging projects such as:
· Future of logging: To better manage the big volumes of log (1.7 PB per day), the logging infrastructure will evolve towards a Splunk based platform which will open new opportunities in term of business data analytics to better explore log data.
· Logging in the cloud: The logging infrastructure will be also improved and adapted to have a better integration in Amadeus Cloud Services (ACS) and be ready to large application deployment.
· X-Log industrialization: After a positive proof-of-concept done last year, this tool will evolve and will be industrialized with new features including UI improvements.
· Define user requirements for development of new or improvement of existing software solutions.
· Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies.
· Propose viable technical solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation.
· Model, design and implement databases as necessary.
· Develop software according to Amadeus Standards.
· Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the Amadeus guidelines.
· Participate in the validation / acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalise the product.
· Produce software documentation necessary for the application and issue it to the requesting departments.
· Support the end user in the Production phase by debugging existing software solutions in response to Problem Tracking Records (PTR) and Change Requests (CR) issued from Product Management or Product Definition.
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
· English fluent.
· Experience in designing software programs in C++ / Java.
· Experience with big data technologies is a plus.
· ACS and/or Cloud computing knowledge is a plus.
· Knowledge in Splunk
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.