If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services
within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us!
Let’s shape the future of travel together.
Would you like to be part of a team that bridges the Reservation (RES) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) worlds? Working with the RES - DCS synchronization Development team (SQD) based in London gives you the opportunity to work on projects and processes for these two complex Altéa domains.
As part of the division in charge of Content, Booking and Ticketing, the mission of SQD team is to design new products or enhance existing ones to deliver the vision of our business units in the following areas:
· Synchronization of passenger data between Altéa RES and Altéa DCS or external DCS
· Customer Transfer Processes
· Tour Operator booking flows
· Ground Handling messages exchange
On top of these, there is a strong focus on Service Stability Initiatives (SSI) in 2017 with activities to enhance interfaces, infrastructure and DB. As part of SSI17, the team will be deploying a new application for their products including a MongoDB layer.
SQD team works mainly on Airline IT and Airport IT projects using an agile framework with their counterpart product definition analysts and quality engineers for project (Scrum) and production support (Kanban) activities.
Summary of the role
A SDE is accountable for the technical design and delivery of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with the stakeholders (Management, Customers, Product Management, Product Definition Analysts).
As such, a SDE is involved at key steps of the product development:
· Pre-Sales activities and Roadmap creations steps
· Analyse needs and requirements, from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations with supporting rationale
· Transversal solution definition
· Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages to ensure functional compatibility of the solution with each area
· Assess effort required from the team to deliver the solution
· Produce and take part in feasibility studies
· Development cycle activities
· Design and deliver new DCS functionalities with a high quality level
· Register and spot all the impacts on Amadeus Solutions and Products that are provided to clients and ensure that they are properly handled and solved by the relevant teams
· Support business analysts and software development engineers to ensure a proper implementation of the designed solution
· Contribute to overall product quality by participating to the test strategy and defect investigation
· Be accountable for providing status to stakeholders on a regular and relevant basis at any stage of the engagement
· Highlight and escalate issues and risks early so they can be resolved or mitigated with minimal impact to the deliveries
Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
· Strong C++ experience
· RDBMS/SQL (Oracle preferred)
· Standard Template Library
· Design Patterns
· Python, MongoDB, Java/Swing or AngularJS are a plus
· Fluent English
· Multicultural approach and team spirit
· Accountability and basic project management skills
· Change management and Flexibility
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Express ideas clearly helping reach a common understanding of the matter
· Filter information from various sources to retain the most important elements
· Analytical & Conceptual thinking
· Understanding of complex technical problems
· Use of a methodical step-by-step approach to break down complex problems or processes into their constituents parts, identify causes and effects patterns and analyse problems to arrive to an appropriate solution
· Other nice-to-have:
· Successful experience as software development engineer for other Amadeus applications is a plus.
· Good understanding of the Airline business.
· Curiosity in the Travel industry and innovation in general
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.