If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
I. Summary of the role
The main responsibility of a Service Reliability engineer is to participate in the successful delivery of the end to end services with agreed SLAs to our customers by leveraging, improving, designing and implementing services that automate application provisioning and manage the underlying infrastructure as a service (all layers, from compute to storage, including network).
The goal of a Service Reliability engineer will be to accelerate Application teams’ ability to reliably and consistently deliver applications by developing standardized automation to control, build, artifact and deploy managed services, integrated into loosely coupled toolchains, to form a common continuous deployment pipeline for application development teams as a whole.
Other responsibilities include ongoing issues such as capacity planning, change management, problem management, incident management, release management, performance improvement, and automation/tool development.
The Service Reliability engineer is expected to excel under pressure, work well with others, be self-motivated, and be able to manage short and long term projects. Implementing automation for kickstarting, monitoring, management, and support will be a key component of the position.
The Service Reliability engineer will actively interface with software developers, network engineers, systems, storage, project management and database administrators on projects and providing second tier on call support will be required. You will be able to identify root cause, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure.
Good communication and teamwork is extremely important.
The role also involves participating in the 24x7 pager rotation of the team.
· Support an ultra-highly available cloud-based applicative platform for Amadeus customers.
· Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
· Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from blue-printed applications or golden images.
· Develop and use monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that we exceed our SLAs.
· Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools.
· Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
· Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an adhoc basis.
· Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
· Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
· Experience with systems and IT operations.
· Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
· A strong focus on business outcomes.
· Strong sense of collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
· Provide hands-on engineering, administration and technical support.
· Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application, and network.
· Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
· Proactive thought leadership for creative and efficient technology solutions.
· Drive continuous improvement to the service delivered to customer (agility, stability ...)
· Process reengineering and optimization
· Drive the enforcement and definition of operational requirements / non-functional requirements in collaboration with application owners and middleware organizations.
University degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Know How / Skills:
· Excellent understanding of Software Engineering methodologies and development cycle (Open Source development), including:
· Version Control system (GIT and SubVersion) and Continuous Integration and testing methods (Jenkins)
· Strong knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture design patterns
· Good knowledge in Networking is needed, including:
· Communication Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, HTTP/S)
· Load balancing techniques, traffic routing, and caching for distributed applications, scalability
· Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving system level issues on large, busy networks
· Proficiency in deployment and infrastructure configuration management tools (such as Maven, Capistrano, Puppet, NPM, etc)
· Excellent knowledge in Linux operating system administration (RHEL or SLES)
· Good understanding of Linux Containers deployment technologies (Docker or LXC)
· Good knowledge of C, C++, or Java, and Shell, Perl, GO or Python
· Understanding of monitoring tools and concepts (Kibana, ElasticSearch)
· Exposure to cloud systems and related ecosystem (CouldStack, OpenStack, AWS API, etc...)
· Virtualization Technology (such as EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack)
· Very good knowledge in relational DB (Oracle, MySQl, MariaDB) and noSQL technology (Cassandra, S3, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB, CouchBase)
· Good understanding of security information and event management technologies
Relevant Job Experience:
Minimum 3-5 years in systems administration/Software Engineering/DevOps, networking in a large environment.
Minimum 3 years experience of application build and release engineering in SOA architectures.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Amadeus strives to achieve outstanding results through a diverseworkforce. Our employees represent over 123 nationalities. We welcomeand embrace individual differences to bring out the brilliance inourselves, our customers and each other. We are proud to be an equalopportunity employer.