If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Are you a recent graduate eager to use your degree in finance or business administration? Interested in working in the travel industry for a truly global company? Do you have an analytical mind and an interest in working with numbers? This position is for you!
As a recent Graduate, you will be joining the Madrid Finance Service Center where you will be able to learn the best practices of Amadeus, to develop your professional career and to work in a great place. You will develop the abilities and attitudes which support the personal level of maturity required for a role in the Accounting Department. You will also learn the processes of monthly closings, payment proposals and tax reporting requirements.
· Support in receiving and verifying fixed costs and variable costs invoices in order to make sure they meet with tax, legal and audit requirements. Help ensure the approval process compliance. Provide support to the team in the preparation of impactful presentations with well-targeted analysis to give the best picture of BU growth and provide key insights.
· Understand how to obtain, check, account for and file fixed costs and variable costs invoices in order to assure expensed invoices are accounted for according to Amadeus Corporate Policies following the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and comply with Local GAAP.
· Support in the preparation of the payment proposals according to the Corporate Payment Calendar.
· Help with monthly reconciliation and control open items in the Accounts Payable and General Ledger accounts and help analyze the transitory bank accounts.
· Understand how to prepare monthly closing information and the schedules required. Understand how the team collaborates with internal and external customers and auditors. Support in the reporting process to Group Accounting according to the Finance Calendar.
· Support in the creation and maintenance of adequate and appropriate documentary procedure, while maintaining and improving financial accounting processes in order to provided information to internal and external customers in a timely manner.
· Work on automations in the areas related to the position in order to support in the development and implementation of new procedures and in the improvement and review of those already in use.
What we’re looking for:
· Degree in business administration, economics or finance/accounting
· Analytical mindset
· Advanced understanding MS Office, especially Excel
· Excellent oral and written English skills (Interviews will be in English)
· Fluency as well in Dutch or French
· Understanding of SAP Finance a plus
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.