The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Within Central Engineering (Saint-Ouen France), in the Rolling Stock Transverse Discipline team, we are looking for one Simulation Junior Engineer. In this role you will participate in worlwide rolling stock project/offer/ R&D development and contribute to the simulation worldwide network..
· Contributes for all ALSTOM rolling stock products (metro, high speed trains, …)
· Is responsible for specification, integration and capitalization of sub-system models with sub-system engineer
· Analyses customer/ project requirements/ constraints with train system engineer
· Is responsible for modelling, validation and capitalization of train models
· Performs simulations all along the development cycle and write simulation reports (Train energy consumption, sub-system sizing, development of new train functions…)
· Contributes to create/ update Engineering Instructions, Guidelines and Design Review Checklists
· Contributes to promote and deploy simulation process in ALSTOM on all sites
· Is responsible for the engineering QCD in this field
Knowledge and experience
· Past experience in engineering design (more than two years appreciated)
· General background in Mechanical or Electrical field
· Comfortable with simulation tools (for example Dymola, Matlab, …)
· Critical spirit, autonomy, physical sense for results analysis
· Knowledge on optimization methodology and tools
· Good communication skills, pro-activiy, team working
· English conversational/ writing/reading advanced level
· French spoken appreciated
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom www.alstom.com
Job Type: Experienced