Alstom offers a challenging opportunity as Sourcing Specialist in Grain Valley, USA. We are looking for talented people willing to create the opportunity to start their career in a growing environment.
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MISSION :
The candidate will work on cost reduction strategies and portfolio rationalization on various commodities. Applying all AT philosophy, sourcing methods and tools in order to provide the best Quality Cost Delivery on all parts proposed to our customer, always striving for a reduce time to quote to our customer.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
Assist the Product Sourcing manager in all activities related to movement of manufacturing
Assist the Product Buyers with sourcing activities
Support to coordinates the Supplier base in regards to QCD for parts, identify and resolve problems related to Supplier QCD in a timely manner; gather and analyse information skillfully
Develop and implement cost saving measures
It implies :
- Support the Buyers team in a proactive way from a sourcing perspective.
- Deals directly and becomes familiar with the Signaling supply base and interacts with suppliers.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements. Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Coordinates all activities related to Supplier Selection as per procedure, beginning and ending with QCD.
- Assures cost price analysis to be applied on all materials to promote cost reduction. Negotiates with suppliers the lowest possible cost for the commodity based on QCD.
- Defines the supplier QCD commitments, regularly measures performance with Supply Chain and Quality, and manages the suppliers to improve overall QCD performance
- Ensures Processes compliance for all project sourcing decisions and related documentation.
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- 6 to 12 Months experience in sourcing environment, Purchasing, Supply chain
- Degree in Engineering is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Cost analysis, Budget commitment, Cost reduction initiatives and negotiations skills
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, SAP
- Oral Communication
- Experience in the railway
Please send CV and cover letter in english.
Avant de postuler, veillez à vérifier les conditions d’éligibilité pour cette destination http://www.civiweb.com/FR/le-volontariat-international/conditions-du-VIE.aspx
Le visa requis dans le cadre d’une mission VIE est en effet soumis à des conditions de formation et/ou d’expérience