Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements on an IFRS and US GAAP basis
- Provides thorough analysis of financial results
- Takes the lead on footnote disclosures contained in the financial statements
- Ensures technical compliance with accounting guidance and other regulations
- Works independently to resolve more complex inquiries, requests or issues
Internal Control Environment:
- Solid understanding of the importance of internal controls to a top-tier financial reporting team with meticulous adherence to the controls in place
- Solid understanding internal controls in place relevant to self and team including overall process documentation and testing as well as performing the control
- Recommends improvements to controls or need for future controls
- Good understanding of interrelationship of controls with other areas
- Acts as the lead or has significant role on key projects
- Identifies problems and issues and develops creative solutions
- Manages multiple tasks related to the project, establishes clear roles and responsibilities and keeps to a deadline
- Communicates effectively within the Project Team
Leadership and communication:
- Serves as role model to others
- Demonstrate resilience and composure under stress
- Works to motivate employees within the team level by helping to manage mood and through day-to-day mentorship of less experienced team members
- Strong understanding of mission and vision of team, department and company
- Is recognized as a "go-to" resource for team.
- Assists with increasingly complex issues or projects
- Beginning ability to anticipate breakdowns and how to minimize impact
- Developing ability to make strong recommendations
- Operates with a sense of urgency. Meets deadlines
- High level of motivation. Takes ownership for ensuring that work is performed with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Assists with fostering an environment of collaboration in pursuit of common goals
- Takes charge when an opportunity presents itself at the team, and at times, department level. Able to identify problems, issues and potential solutions
- 2-3 years' experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 4-5 years of public accounting experience
- Solid understanding of:
IFRS and US GAAP accounting guidance as well as internal controls
General ledger/financial reporting or ability to obtain a good understanding in a short amount of time
Company products, structure and staff
- In depth understanding of all company computer systems, including Microsoft Outlook, Essbase, Wdesk and SAP
- Strong problem-solving ability. Works independently in resolving more complex inquiries, requests, and problems
At Allianz, we foster a workplace where every person feels welcome, connected and valued.
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 88 million private and corporate customers and more than 140,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Retiring with financial security. Living life with confidence. At Allianz Life®, every employee knows these are the things that matter. To do what matters means giving employees the tools and opportunities they need to create innovative, industry-leading products, to discover and embrace new trends, and to strengthen the customer experience. As a company, it means creating a culture that is inclusive, where doing the right thing comes naturally, and promoting an environment that develops talent, seeks excellence, encourages smart risks, and recognizes and rewards people for their performance. Doing what matters for employees helps everyone focus on doing what matters most for our customers. Allianz Life. What you do here matters.
Why Allianz Life®? Because we hire people who are dedicated to doing what matters and we give you the quality training, support, and advancement opportunities you need to succeed. As a company known for its financial strength, we offer generous benefits, have a strong commitment to community involvement, a collaborative culture, and a unique level of energy. The result is engaged and more productive employees. From the very first day you join our team, you will know that your contributions are valued. We practice True Balance at our campus by providing a fun work environment, an on-site child development center, a fully staffed fitness center, and a variety of meal options in both our full-service cafe and bistro. And all medical, dental, and retirement benefits are effective the first day you join Allianz Life, so you can focus on what truly matters.
An equal opportunity employer.