AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
A vacancy for a System Support Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Blandford. This role will focus on the Bowman military communications system, so having a strong background in this system along with other military communications systems is key.
This role would be a great next step for a network engineer, who will be the subject matter expert supporting the development of the Morpheus Test and Reference Centre through its milestones and then subsequently support and maintain the MTRC GFE equipment on behalf of our MOD customer.
You will need to be eligible to gain or already hold UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
· Assisting the SSM in the satisfactory achievement of his/her responsibilities. This may include being a focal point with specific areas of responsibility.
· When so tasked, to provide detailed advice to the LSRC management team on system capabilities, networking protocols and interfaces.
· Fulfill the role of “Facilities Controller” for operational tasks as Configuring the Morpheus system to meet the needs of the technical tests. This includes interconnection/ configuration of the LSRC Morpheus system, LAN and test equipment and to connect customer-provided equipment Then return the Morpheus system to its designated “baseline”.
· Configuring IS networks to meet the needs of the technical tests.
· The interconnection and configuration of LSRC reference information systems and test equipment. The presentation of interconnection points to connect customer-provided equipment and systems under test to the LSRC infrastructure.
· Maintain and develop personal skill and knowledge levels of the LSRC supported military IS equipment to remain current.
· Provide support, advice, guidance, and configuration management for the build standards and upgrades for LSRC military IS equipment. Build, maintain and support the testing within the LSRC military IS in accordance with current MOD policy and guidelines.
· Configuring military IS to meet the needs of the various tests.
· The presentation of external communications services to include DTMF and ISDN telephones, AEN, RLI, SLI and JMNIAN. The presentation of interconnection points to connect customer-provided equipment and systems under test to the LSRC infrastructure.
· Maintain and develop personal skill and knowledge levels of the LSRC Morpheus system to remain current.
Required Experience / Skills:
A Network engineer with experience of military communications and information system & associated qualifications -
· The MODs BCIP tactical radio system.
· Communications or information systems Level 3 BTEC qualification or equivalent.
· CCNA part 1 level knowledge.
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
· Experience of working with the introduction and support of military information and communications systems.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.#VictoriaLinkedInJob
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.