Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
The department 'Flight Management Systems' at Airbus Defence and Space is in charge of system design and development of avionics, in particular military and civil Flight Management Systems (FMS) and Flight Guidance functions. This covers manned aircraft and Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) like Barracuda and Eurodrone, including automatic/autonomous operations of these unmanned aircraft.
We are looking for a System Engineer 'Flight Management Systems' to support our Team in the area of unmanned aircraft.
Your main activities will be:
· Requirements capturing and analysis for military and civil Flight Management Systems and Flight Guidance
· Flight Management Systems concept and architecture engineering activities
· Design and development of FMS and automation functions to support integration of RPAS in general airspace
· Design and development of Flight Guidance functions.
· Management of suppliers and sub-contractors
· Specifying and managing Verification & Validation activities, including laboratory, ground & flight test
· Support to standardisation and certification activities with international regulatory bodies and agencies.
· Contributing to in-service support
· Involvement in research activities
The role has a large number of interfaces including major multi-national suppliers, other aircraft system teams, laboratory and flight test teams, aircraft programs & support teams. This requires ability to work as part of large transnational teams, flexibility, technical know-how, ability to persuade & influence, and good project management capabilities.
· A degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar
· Experience in Systems Engineering
· Experience in Flight Management Systems or similar
· Experience in UAV/RPAS would be a benefit
· Knowledge in design and simulation tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink, SCADE)
· High degree of motivation
· Willingness to work in an international team and to travel
· Language skills: English and German
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.