Airbus DS Geo SA
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Project Management Officer – PMO (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse (Ramonville). As the successful candidate you will join the IMINT (Imagery intelligence)/GEOINT (Geospatial Intelligence) Programmes department.
The Multi Intelligence activities are in a major and sustainable growth context, and Airbus is staffing the Project Management Office for the portfolio of geospatial intelligence projects, based in Toulouse.
As Project Management Officer-PMO- you will support the project managers team for a portfolio of GEOINT/IMINT projects (France and export).You will assist them in Costs Management, Risks and Opportunities Management and Schedule Management.
You will be responsible for the set-up and follow-up of Key Project Indicators (KPI) of the project portfolio managed in GEOINT/IMINT programmes department.
Airbus Defence & Space benefit from a unique position on the Multi Intelligence/Geo Intelligence Market, covering all the Intelligence domains (GEOINT, IMINT, COMINT-Communications Intelligence, ELINT-Electronic Intelligence, OSINT-Open Source Intelligence , ..), and being at the same time Data/Image owner thanks to its own satellites constellations,
The Airbus Intelligence Projects and activities are a major corner stone of Airbus Defence & Space Strategy, pioneering developments in the field of Big Data and Analytics for the Massive Intelligence Market.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Costs management : Set-up project costs base, monitor costs and prepare Monthly Project Reports and interface with Finance and with internal and external WP when needed
• Project schedule : Building and maintaining the Project Schedule
• Risk Management and Opportunity Management : Participate in building the Risk Mitigation plan and Manage periodic Risk reviews and follow Risk Mitigation action plans
• Work load Management: Consolidate the workload estimate and ensure the consistencies with cost estimates
• Project KPI management related to costs and schedule management and contribute in Project Synthesis dashboards, Project presentations and Maturity Gates preparation
• Projects actions and deliveries follow-on: follow-on of action item during periodic internal progress meeting, ensure the organization and administration of collaboration tools
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to a Business Administration degree or equivalent.
• First experience in Project and Program management, Risk & Opportunity Management Execution.
• Good knowledge and experience Costs Management and associated tools (MS Excel) are needed.
• Good knowledge and experience in Project planning and associated tools (MS Project) are needed.
• Experience or exposure to international Projects is desirable.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Openness and multi-cultural awareness.
• Negotiation level of French.
• At least an advanced level of English.