Description de l'offre
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
Description of the job:
Due to a combination of organic growth and new projects, we are looking for a Product Design Engineer to join our Hardware Engineering team working on electronic products produced by Airbus Cyber Security for Trusted MOD/Government infrastructure.
Reporting directly to the Head of Hardware Engineering you will develop, operate and improve security activities such as vulnerability management and threat intelligence, risk analysis, security solutions state of art. Define and continuously improve the referential for product security (process, methods and tools).
You will Analyse and report the security impact of the future product security request. Manage security competences and learning. Manage security audits. Activities are to be added by manager to specific position requirements detailed activities to perform under this job are described in NICE (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education) 2016 work roles. '
Main activities of the role are:
· You will work with the Electronics design team to originate novel concepts and technologies for our next generation of products.
· You will follow the designs through conception, design and development to manufacture.
· You will design for Manufacture and Assembly - focusing on technical and engineering issues.
· Thermal design.
· Design for rugged environments.
· 2D and 3D conceptualisation, sketching, modelling, use of CAD software, rapid prototyping.
· Management of external suppliers/providers of technology solutions.
· You will continually evaluate and improve designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality and value.
· Educated to degree level in Product Design, Mechanical or Industrial Design Engineering or equivalent.
· Passionate about Product Design and Technology.
· Experience in a Mechanical/Product design environment.
· Ability to communicate ideas effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD designs, 3D models and prototypes.
· Experience in Design for Manufacture and Assembly.
· Experience in the Defence or Industrial sector preferred.
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.