Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We're looking for a Payload Digital Data Engineer within Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth. You will join the Telecom Technical Data Management department integrated within the Space Engineering division. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity focused on the management of payload digital data in the frame of the Airbus Defence and Space digitalisation transformation.
Tasks & accountabilities
The role offers a variety of responsibilities such as:
- Produce and maintain the digital payload equipment database working closely with Equipment Specialists, System Engineers and other data owners. This database will be the key to all design activities performed on Telecoms projects and hence, will require close management following company processes (change process, new equipment introduction, data import from other digital tools). You will also help determine the different interfaces required between all digital tools. This will require an understanding of the payload equipment with their associated technical data and of the digital tools with their implementation constraints
- Provide expertise and support supplier data transformation. This will also include data processing and trending. Working closely with Systems engineers, software teams and equipment supplier, you will achieve the digital continuity of equipment measured data between the Supplier and Airbus.
- Digital data management for Telecoms project. You will guarantee the data unicity for Telecoms projects. You will ensure the data is available for major project milestones. This will require an understanding of the project phases and design activities.
- Support the equipment specialist for the equipment specification generation and the supplier data review. Working closely with the equipment specialist and the customisation team, you will desire to develop digital equipment specification and test plan.
You will work with multiple engineering teams in the UK and in France: internally with Equipment Specialists, RF engineers, Essential Process Owners, Payload Designers, Bid teams, Customisation Managers, Supply Chain but also externally with frequent interactions with suppliers.
The Payload Digital Data Engineer role requires occasional travels overseas.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- A qualification in Engineering. Aerospace Engineering experience would be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge in engineering disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, RF and EMC.
- Work within a digital environment (Range DB, 3D Experience, Windchill and other Airbus digital tools). Java language basic understanding would be an advantage.
Basic understanding of data management requirement
- A methodical approach to work, with desire to bring tasks to completion on time, even where adverse conditions are encountered
- Manage parallel activities achieving demanding targets
- Collaborate with all teams
- Team player
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you who meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level