Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Operations Network Engineer (f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Toulouse (Palays site).
You will join the Secure Communications EMEA Service Operations department (TCSGF), composed of around ten people, responsible for maintaining the operator infrastructures in operational condition and operating telecommunications services (mainly Internet access, telephony) for government, institutional and military customers.
Your main mission will be to design service operation and take over service or system responsibility from successful Operations Readiness Review (ORR) and fulfil Service Level Agreement (SLA) in terms of availability, performance and support during the operational phase.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1/ Operations network engineering authority :
• Providing standard service operation description and costing in offers (bid phase) or validating custom solutions.
• Defining operational requirements and ensuring service / system operability (project phase, operational lessons-learnt, etc.)
• Validating and maintaining spares, support contracts and maintenance plans. Reviewing and updating associated policies if needed.
• Managing operational systems, ensuring technical implementation and supporting deployment activities (change in transmission plan, network administration, monitoring, etc.)
• Training of CSC / NOC and drafting of operational procedures.
2/ 3rd line technical support:
• Supporting Network Operations Center (NOC) for incident management to meet Guaranteed Time to restore delays interfacing with manufacturers and service providers when needed.
• Scheduling and coordinating preventive and corrective maintenances.
• Managing subcontractors (for example: Field Services).
Main activities are :
• Leading incident and problem management providing operational feedback to Engineering (monitoring, troubleshooting, ticketing).
• Asset management (hardware / software inventories, spare management, use of GLPI tool or similar).
• Configuration management (use of GestioIP or similar, configuration backups Oxydized).
• Technical implementation and change management (for example: deployment of new sites, network extensions, capacity downgrade / upgrade) : integration, configuration, validation.
• Technical management for standardized services where design guidelines are handed-over by Engineering (new sites or services, service extensions) from site survey and technical proposal to installation and commissioning.
• Project management and product development to enhance service operations portfolio (customer portal, backup solutions, etc.).
This role could involve some travel for business worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to a telecommunications or network Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Network: at least 5 years of experience in LAN / WAN environment: BGP, MPLS, OSPF, VLAN / VRF, Wi-Fi. ASA, ASR Cisco.
• Telephony (basic knowledge / experience) : VoIP, SIP/RTP
• System (basic knowledge / experience) : administration, mail (Exchange), virtualization, Windows Server 2016
• Satcom (optional) : DVB-S2, RF transmission , VSAT (Comtech, Dialog, iDirect)
• Security (optional): ACL, IPS. Fortinet, Stormshield.
• adaptability and team spirit
• good interpersonal skills
• systemic approach to problem solving
• technical curiosity.
• French: Negotiation
• English: Advanced