AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Junior Technical Manager (Cyber Security)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Technical Manager within our Cyber Security Division in Airbus Defence & Space in Newport and as such you will be required to hold UK SC Clearance with the ability to gain UK DV Security Clearance in the future to undertake the role.
Reporting directly to the System Design Team Lead you will be accountable for leading a multi-discipline engineering development team to deliver system elements to meet project objectives for Time/ Cost/ Performance/ Compliance.
Your Role and Responsibilities
· You will be responsible for engineering deliveries between MG4 and MG10 gates, typically working alongside a Technical Manager or Chief Engineer.
· You will be responsible for the technical assurance of the development, both in terms of ensuring that the development is compliant to the requirements and architecture and that it is carried out in accordance with the processes and procedures as agreed with the Chief Engineer / Senior Technical Manager.
· You will be responsible for ensuring that disparate specialist engineering functions are directed and co-ordinated to efficiently deliver work packages as required, including managing engineering dependencies, risks and issues.
Your Skills and Experience
To be effective in this role you will have all or some of the points below:
· Experience of systems design & implementation for data communications products in commercial or military environments.
· Experience of embedded software development utilising bespoke hardware.
· Be familiar with process driven software development
· Experience of the full project lifecycle.
· Have a good understanding of work package definition, estimation and planning
· Have proven team leadership skills, with evidence in negotiation and conflict resolution.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.