Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
What if YOU starts your journey with US!
As part of a school curriculum in initial training , you are looking for a mandatory internship or integrated into a gap year , that will allow you to validate your studies. The internship duration is 4 to 6 months maximum.
We offer you to work in a world-leading company which is at the heart of a digital transformation, at the cutting edge of research and innovation.
We are looking for Machine learning internship to predict aircraft flow management by the controller at an airport scale with multiple aircraft incoming (m/f) who will be joining us at Airbus site in Toulouse Saint Martin site .
This internship is to be filled from 01/02/2020 (the dates are subject to a certain flexibility)
You will be joining the department « Navigation » which activities include Flight Management. Flight Management System should be to aircrafts what is Waze® to cars. It provides especially flight plans, and predictions to fly the aircraft.
The objective of the internship is to use big data provided by Airbus in flight data and flight radar on a subset of key airports, and determine what can be achieved:
· Prediction of aircraft landing sequence,
· Predictions of aircraft landing time,
· Identification of probable trajectory.
You will be working under the supervision of your manager who will help you identify your professional objectives and support you in the development of your skills.
Your main activities will include:
As a first step:
· Retrieve data from airbus/palantir foundry (radar24, Aircraft recordings…)
· Prepare dataset on specific airports
· Analyse aircraft landing patterns and detect vectoring occurrences
· Find correlations between A/C configuration around airport and the vectoring orders given by the control
Based on the results, and as a second part
· Propose a way to provide feedback to pilots/airline/controller when arriving on an airport
· Predict most probable descent trajectory based on current state of an airport and its airspace based on the patterns identified during step 1
You are preparing a diploma level Bac+ 4/5 years with a specialization in data science and/or machine learning and you have following competences:
- Ability to speak & work in English (advanced level)
- A working knowledge of French is desirable (intermediate level)
- Knowledge of aircraft operation is a plus
- Ability to work with proactivity, flexibility in collaboration as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team.
- Good communication skills.
Depending on the specifics of the offer, you may have to travel to another locations.
If your profile catches our attention, you will be invited to perform a video interview during which you will have a few minutes to tell us about your background, motivations and your professional project. Afterwards, your application could be proposed to the managers for further review.
If the prospect of joining our innovative Group motivates you do not hesitate and apply online on our website www.airbus.com/careers !
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.