Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a “Future Projects Engineer Military Aircraft” (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join „ Chief Engineering Military Aircraft- Future Projects - Airframe GE “.
Interested in shaping the future of military aviation? Yes, then the “Future Projects” Organisation of Airbus Defence and Space is the place to be. We are looking for a Future Projects Engineer with focus on aircraft design and aircraft configuration definition tasks for military aircraft in our Airframe Design Team.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Overall Aircraft Conceptual Design, modelling and analysis of innovative new overall system concepts for future military aircraft. (External and Internal Shape definition, Computer based configuration design (CAD), mass estimation, propulsion and subsystem selection, aerodynamic, flight performance, integration and placement of subsystems) taking into account new technologies and standards
· Analysis of military operational requirements and translation into technical requirements for future systems
· Identification of relevant solutions in an iterative system engineering process in close interaction with relevant stakeholders in centre of competences and internal and external partners & customers
· Evaluation of new technologies with respect to usability in our concepts and identification of key technologies
· Support of Conceptual analysis of competitor systems, re-engineering and parametric cost estimation
· Conceptual design support for upgrade programmes of serial aircraft
· Conceptual Design for R&T and R&D projects
· Management and execution of work packages, development & integration task and project tasks in integrated product teams with respect to time, quality and cost
· Coordination and creation of technical documentation and specifications with internal and external stakeholders
· Presentation of results and concepts to internal and external stakeholders
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Degree in Aerospace Engineering
· Extensive practical overall aircraft design and architecture design experience required
· Extensive experience in aircraft conceptual design methodology, 3D CAD e.g. CATIA V5, Design Aerodynamics, Performance Analysis, Handbook Methods
· Experience in Project Management would be an advantage
· Future oriented, pushing the borders, customer focused
· Fluent German, Advanced English
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.