Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position of Expert for Data Transportation has just opened within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join TZIPP3 Data Transport and API Management.
As an Expert for Data Transportation you will take responsibility for the transport and transformation of data from multiple data sources including Business Systems, Engineering Systems, Machines, Drones, Planes, Satellites, etc.. The successful candidate will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team using agile and classical project management methodologies. Dependent on the projects the applicant will have an end-to-end accountability for the development and the service. You will make the data fly inside Airbus Defence & Space and also from and to outside partners, customers or governments. This will put you in the middle of the new strategy of Airbus Defence and Space to develop more data driven services!
This position requires a security authorization or to be eligible to an authorization by recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be in charge of the following main activities:
• Design, develop and document Data transportation processes based on ETL, API Management and ESB technology
• Run the different data integration services with special focus on scheduling, maintenance, reliability, monitoring and proactive improvement.
• Continuously enhance the service towards the leading industry standard.
• Manage suppliers in fulfilling their duties
• Point of Contact for a variety of Projects
Business travels can be expected occasionally in Europe and consequently, you must be willing to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You have the experience and the following skills:
• Experience in data architecture, modelling and processing in batch and real time mode for structured and unstructured data
• Experience with major Data Transportation Tools. Experience in the following would be a plus: Tibco ESB, Talend ETL and MuleSoft API Management solutions
• Experience with connected technologies like IBM Data Power, McAffe WebGateway, etc.
• Good understanding of system architecture in big companies
• Project Management experience at least as Workstream-Leader
• English at negotiation level
• Flexible and open minded to change
• Being happy to work in an international environment