Airbus OneWeb Satellites SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Data analytics Engineer (m/f/d)
6-months internship starting early 2020
OneWeb Satellites is OneWeb’s industrial partner for the design and manufacturing of its fleet of satellites. The initial production of 900 satellites, each weighing less than 150 kilograms, has started in Toulouse, France and in Florida. The production phase for such a project is capital: former production strategies inherited from the Space Industry are not scalable to a project of this extent. New testing strategies and new grounds systems equipment have to be thought of to fit OneWeb outstanding production rate. Within OneWeb Satellites, it is the Design to Manufacturing team which is in charge of designing the equipment and process to smoothly assemble and test the OneWeb constellation. The data analytics intern will be a team member of D2M, reporting to the digital leader of OneWeb Satellites. His/her responsibilities will include data management within the Hadoop data base, data visualization and data analytics.
The Data Analytics Engineer will work closely with data scientists, engineers and technicians from the Production, Engineering and the Supply Chain departments and as such needs to have good communication skills. The successful applicant does not necessarily have all desired skills.
· Maintain Hadoop architecture and perform data ingestion
· Analyze data for trending and anomaly detection
· Assist the Data Analytics team by collecting suppliers and tests data to include them in OneWeb Satellites machine learning algorithms.
· Specify and implement pertinent data visualisation solutions and HMI
· Bac+4/5 – gap year or final year student in engineering school
· Good knowledge of Linux
· Knowledge in Big Data architecture (preferably Cloudera): Hadoop, Spark, Hbase,...
· Experience in data extraction (HBase, SQL, postgresql), data cleaning, data processing, pipelines, data lakes,…
· Hands on experience with Python and coding languages
· Exceptional communication skills
· Start-up mindset: ability to be highly autonomous and interface with multidisciplinary teams to understand their needs.
The internship will mainly be in Toulouse (France) with a few possible trips to Florida.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.