Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Electrical CAD Solution Architect (d/m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration. Priority will be given to employees whose position is impacted by a workforce adaptation initiative.
DDMS will revolutionise the product life cycle of our new development portfolio. The variety of digital product definition work streams offers programmes seamless data and information flows. This new positon will focus on Electrics Systems, which is the heart of each physical product. Electrical power, electrical signals and electrical harnesses makes product alive. Mechanics get into motions. All this combined within system of systems make the difference and enable innovative and intelligent products.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
In this digital world, the Solution Architect for Electrical Design acts in the Information Management organization as an enabler who drives the strategic tool selections towards the population and integration into our Defence and Space IT tools portfolio.
· With the electrical systems architecture knowledge and competencies, the solution architect will define and design the technical electrical systems applications architecture, will model the electrical information data feeding and signal flows while including the interoperability with other systems architecture tools;
· The already gained experience and skills of the Solution architect shall drive the continuous improvements for in-service programs too. As an Electrical solution architect you feel yourself at home and comfortable in action with your daily working areas to evolve strategy into Information Management solutions;
· The success of your work will be part of integrated PLM solutions for FCAS, Eurodrone and Eurofighter evolutions. Boosting engineering efficiency with our IM solutions may have the effect to open new capabilities for the legacy programmes.
If you identify yourself with this position, you will gain room to grow with Electrical Information Systems, the data analyses of its wire and signals schematics, of the design flows in conjunction with the electrical processes from systems design to electrical data flow towards manufacturing and into technical service publications.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· In your role as Electrical Solution Architect you have already first experience with modern development and deployment technologies, such as DevOps and private Clouds.
· You like to be a team player who will collaborate with other Product Owners, Solution Architects, Security officers, systems analysts, developers and IT service teams to deliver the highest quality solution architectures via cutting edge technologies.
· With your responsibility for electrical design tools, such as Siemens Mentor Capital you are in close alignment with the PLM system 3D Experience functionalities such as product data configurations, manufacturing, in-service and quality demands to take part in the digital twin journey during the product life cycle.
· Compliance codexes, acting policies, standards and guidelines are deliverables of our digital transformation organization that foster the selection criteria, the developments, the solution implementations and use of Information Technology.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site with your CV attached. By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.