Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Aero Connectivity Service IT/Network Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join Commercial Telecom Operations Department.
Fully integrated to Airbus Defense & Space - CIS Business Line, Secure Com design, develop and operate satellite communication services. Aero Connectivity Service Baseband Engineer main role is to be the IT/Network technical lead of the eBrokerage initiative consisting in delivering commercial telecommunication satellite capacity Managed Services to Aircrafts.
The job owner will report to the Aero Service System Design Manager.
Together with the Head of System Design, the activity consists in setting up the future aero connectivity solution and services that will deliver High Throughput to A/C. The job owner will be the Airbus IT/Network technical expert to build the technical solution and the bridging phase between the legacy and the target solutions. He will strongly contribute to Airbus connectivity business growth.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Assess the legacy IT/Network solutions and specificities used by the different customers
• Design the target and standard IT/Network technical solutions that will fit the Aero connectivity market maturity and expected performance :
- Define the overall Network topology that will enable to collect traffic from SNOs and deliver to customers through Airbus infrastructure
- Define the QoS solutions that will enable to meet customers expectations for the different traffic profiles that are delivered
- Define the value added services that are required to serve customers needs
• Manage technical relationship with Telco, PoPs and WAN/LAN Network solutions suppliers :
- Follow-up of technical roadmap and adaptation to upgrade internal products
- Follow-up and management of maturity issues
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Strong Technical Background in Terrestrial Communication
• Large autonomy
• Strong understanding of customer and terrestrial & satellite service market requirements
• Very good negotiation skills
• Very good communication skills, highly-international environment
• Minimum 10 year experience in Telecom environment
• Fluent English
The position requires travel in Europe.