Airbus Defence and Space SA
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position as A400M CAW Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe (Madrid). The successful applicant will join TEAWS-TL3 department.
Tasks & accountabilities
As part of the Continued airworthiness team, main tasks and responsibilities within the position include:
· Deliver of Airworthiness Risk Assessments on Time and on Quality for Reportable Occurrences and coordinate associated actions
· Preparation of Airworthiness Review Sheets (ARS) in order to be presented to the Airworthiness Authorities
· Preparation of the Airworthiness Review Meeting (ARM) to be held with the Airworthiness Authorities
· Negotiate with the Airworthiness Authorities the action plan/retrofit pan and compliance time (together with Safety Specialists/Advisor) to remove unsafe condition
· Ensure “on time” certification of Modifications
· Contribute to the approval of AOT, and inspections/modification Service Bulletins and IAS linked to Continued Airworthiness topics
· Ensure appropriate airworthiness directives development
· Provide expertise to Chief Engineer teams on Continued Airworthiness
· Contribute/be part of the Committees/Meeting related to Continued Airworthiness/Safety (Screening Panel, Safety Manufacturing Panel, Product Safety Committee, Maturity)
· Contribute to internal/external audits related to the Continued Airworthiness activities
· Ensure that organization approval requirements (Design Organization Approval (DOA), Maintenance Organization Approval (MOA) as applicable) are fulfilled
· Monitor and validate Airworthiness deliverables
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to Aeronautical or Industrial Engineering degree or a related discipline.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Able to propose new ideas
· English :Advanced
· Spanish :Advanced