Country: United States
Job Function: Retail (Store)
State / Province: New York
Position Type: Seasonal
City / Location: New York City
At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Title: Retail Sales Associate
Line of Business: Retail
Department: Retail Field
Location (City): Various
Direct Reporting Line (ad): Store Manager
Indirect / 2nd Direct Reporting Line:
Personnel Managed (Y/N): N
Key Interfaces (Relationships with other dept/groups): Customers, peers, and Supervisor
As a Retail Sales Associate your mission is to build an emotional connection with customers and help to achieve store goals by providing a premium customer experience. You will utilize your product knowledge and experience to serve and sell to customers and achieve operational excellence by flawlessly executing store operations when responsible for the cashier procedures.
· Collaborate with team members to meet and exceed individual and store goals by using all resources available within the store while complying with store policies and procedures to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
· Make yourself available to support other team members when needed
· Meets and exceeds customer expectations and boosts sales and Brand experience by using the appropriate elements of the adidas customer service model.
· Create an emotional connection with every customer by being a passionate and enthusiastic adidas Brand ambassador.
· Proactively seeks and incorporates basic core and seasonal product knowledge into own service approach within assigned store zones(s).
· Maintain an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customer by consistently executing visual merchandising and housekeeping standards.
· Minimize loss by actively maintaining sales floor awareness while serving customers.
· Completes sales transactions quickly and accurately while adhering to cash protection procedures
· Uses selling expertise to maximize opportunities at the cash desk to create add-on sales and build customer loyalty.
· Handles returns, refunds and exchanges and uses these as an opportunity to reinforce and enhance the customer experience.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
· Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
· Knowledge of customer service principles and processes.
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions and request clarification if needed.
· Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships team members.
· Well developed ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write English
· Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate a Brannock device.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Must have or be pursuing a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Three to six month’s experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment.
· Basic numeracy, literacy, and verbal communication skills.
· Must be 16 years of age or older.
· Bilingual in French, German, Mandarin, and/or Cantonese preferred
adidas participates in E-Verify. For more information, click here .