Job Function: Retail (Back Office)
State / Province: Victoria
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Melbourne
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Please note applicants must have legal rights to work in Australia. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for this role.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Use your amazing insight on consumertrends on performance apparel and footwear, and combine it with strong analytical ability using retail data tomaximisethe profitability of Pacific own retail Brand Concept Stores by building and
driving commercial strategies . Responsibilities include the development and implementation of
buying best practise , aligned with
store format plans & strategic business goals . The role is key to driving cross functionality across key departments within the
Market and in conjunction with the
Global Retail Centre of Excellence (CoE) .
· Work within a prescribed
Open-To-Buy (OTB )
framework and assortment plan , to deliver a holistic buy, demonstrating both brand and commercial objectives
· Work collaboratively with CTC, Store Operations and Store Environments to ensure buy
depth is aligned with store format plan , with ongoing analysis conducted to support decisions.
· Contribute to a set of
key buying/sales reports that help evaluate the business goals and
deliver best practise solutions for in-season inventory management; stock cover analysis, best/worst sellers, space management, in season reactivity.
· Implement/manage end of season stock management.
· Deliver completed
assortment plan by depth by store format
· Understanding of, and ability to
drive improvements in Allocation and Replenishment processes.
· Travel frequency of 50% involving interstate store visits in Australia and New Zealand, to engage with District Managers, Store Managers to derive effectivecommercial decisions
· Other duties as requested by your manager.
· Market CTC
· Market Retail team including:
· Retail Back Office (RBO) team (within both Lead and Multifunctional Markets)
· Multi-Store Managers
· Store Managers and their Store teams
· Go To Market (GTM) teams
· Supply Chain
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
· Strong communication skills
· Leadership and influencing skills
· Advanced user of MS Office suite of products, specialising in excel
· Fluent in English
· Strong analytical skills
· Structured, organised and process orientated
· Attention to detail as error in analysis will have crucial impact to business
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· One to threeyears experience as a junior buyer, planning, merchandising
· Strong analytical ability, and using Excel to reveal insights and commercial opportunities
· University degree in business, ideally with marketing and sales focus or equivalent professional experience
What’s on offer?
A competitive base salary, bonus scheme and adidas employee benefits are also on offer to the successful candidate.
How do I apply?
Press the 'Apply' button and follow the instructions
· You will be required to fill out the online applications forms, and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter which addresses all above candidate requirements
Applications which do not attach a cover letter which addresses the job requirements specific to adidas will not be considered.
· Applications will only be accepted through the steps above
· Please note that due to the high volume of applications adidas receives, we will be unable to respond to allindividual inquiries.
adidas Jobs http://adidas-group.jobs/
Please note applicants must have permanent legal rights to work in Australia. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for this role.
Please note part of adidas Pacific’s recruitment process will require external candidates to consent to a pre-employment criminal history check
Note to agencies: adidas Pacific does not accept any unsolicited calls or resumes from head hunters, executive recruiters, or other staffing or recruitment agencies. Please do not submit or forward any resumes, CVs or profiles to the adidas careers portal, nor to any adidas personnel. adidas will not pay any fees relating to unsolicited resumes.